Now, when I go to buy a book or am at the library to pick out a book, the first thing I look at is the cover. And though the mountain scenes with a castle in the background are very nice, we have to admit that the half naked hunk in the foreground is what draws our eye. We love our covers!
Today I am interviewing a man who has graced many of the covers that has captured our eye. Jimmy Thomas, the top leading male cover model is here today!. I hope you will enjoy reading this interview as much as I enjoyed getting it!
1) Welcome to Heart of Romance, Jimmy! We are so happy to have you. Let me start off by asking the question I am sure everyone wants to know and that is, how did you get started in the modeling profession?
Jimmy - I was approached by a gorgeous model in a nightclub that insisted I must be a model. When I told her I wasn’t, she seduced me into modeling ;) Can’t say no to a beautiful woman ;)
SARAH- Good answer! LOL!
2) Can you tell us how many covers you have graced?
Jimmy - As of April 30, 2011, I’m on 1,212 covers, but I’m on approximately 30 new covers each week, so depending on when you read this, you’ll have to do the math, lol ;)
3) You have portrayed everything from a cowboy to a sword yielding Highlander. Is there a persona you haven’t done yet that you would like to and if you have done them all, then which persona is your favorite?
4) How long does it take to set up and shoot a cover? Do you work personally with the author?
Jimmy – Well I don’t shoot for “a” cover. I shoot a wide range of stock images per photo shoot for my stock image website, RomanceNovelCovers.com. (RNC) where then cover artists, publishers and authors purchase the images that fit their covers. However, I also do exclusive custom shoots for specific covers for a higher rate. Those shoots range about 1-3 hours depending on the theme, setting, wardrobe, props, solo or with a female model, etc. The final images from these shoots are only available to that author.
5) You have a business out called Romance Novel Covers. Can you give us some information about it, please?
Jimmy - Yes, see above ;) But to elaborate, I have 2 price options; one is for full size printable images. The other is for web-only sized images. There are thousands of images on RNC divided into numerous genres, dozens of new images are uploaded weekly, and images are used for print covers, e-covers, bookmarks, promotional materials, trailers, blogs, website designs, and more.
6) It is my understanding that modeling isn’t the only thing you are good at. Can you tell us about you other professions?
Jimmy - Well, I started being a gigolo when I was 12…oh, oh, sorry wrong interview ;)
7) What are the kinds of things you like to do in your off time?
Jimmy - Having great sex as much as possible ;)
SARAH- *fanning myself over here*
8) Your websites are full of information, but we would love to know one thing about you that we wouldn’t find in your bio.
Jimmy - I wave my hair back and forth, I wave my hair back and forth, I wave my hair back and forth ;)
SARAH- I love that song!
9) A small birdie told me that you enjoy doing charity work. Could you please tell us which charity it is and how you help them?
10) If you don’t mind, here are some brief questions to answer.
Luck or Destiny? – Destiny (no such thing as luck ;)
Mountains or Beach? - MOUNTAINS!
Camping or Hotel? - Camping!
Hair-Long or Short? - On me, both. On a girl, long.
Gazing at the stars or watching the sun rise? - Gazing at the stars
Hot or Cold? - Hot sex, cold nipples ;)
Satin or Lace? - Satin sheets, lace underneath ;)
Bikini or One piece? - One piece…bottoms ;)
East coast or West coast? - East coast (born and raised )
Favorite thing to drink? - Whatever she’s having
Favorite meal? - Whatever she’s cooking
Favorite movie? – On a date in the theater… anything action, thriller or sci-fi.
On a date for a rental… anything action, thriller or sci-fi… because she won’t want to watch it… refer to answer #7 ;)
Jimmy, I want to again thank you for taking time to do this interview. I have had a lot of fun and we loved getting to know you. Good luck in your future and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Jimmy – Thank you very much, and thank you for the interest in interviewing me and wanting to know more about me. ; )
SARAH- It was my pleasure!
I would like to leave some links for the fans to use so if they are interested in learning more about you and your work, they can.
******Leave a comment for a chance to win an autographed photo of Jimmy. The winner will be announced here on Mother's Day!!!!!!!! ******