Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day



Memorial Day is a special day celebrated here in America. But I think no matter where you live, everyone has such a holiday. Countries world wide have soldiers who have given their lives to fight for their country!

Today, I am talking about my country though. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

I am proud to be called American. We have fought long and hard to become the free country that we are and this would never have happened if it weren't for the men and women who have fought so gallantly to provide this freedom to us.

I am surrounded by family members who have served and fought. My husband was a Marine during Desert Storm. My Father served in the Navy during the Korean War,  my Father-in-law served in the Air Force during Viet Nam and a Great Uncle who served during WW1. I now have two nephews serving in the Army during this Iraqi/Afghanistan conflict. One of my nephews is now a disabled veteran.

Everyone I know served in a war and I am lucky to have had everyone of them come home. There are many out there though, who paid the ultimate price. To those individuals, I say THANK YOU! To their families, I want them to know that they are in my heart and prayers.

Please remember that this is not National Bar-B-Que day, but it is MEMORIAL DAY!  Place your flags out for everyone to see. Take a moment and send a prayer of thanks for the ones who have died and a prayer for safety to the ones who still fight.  It's the least we can do!

Be safe this holiday!

Love,
Sarah




1 comment:

  1. Great post, Sarah!

    We have a great country, and it's due to the men and women who fight to keep us safe and protect our rights.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete